04-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #28
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

hmmm......the hamann cosmetic kit is both good and bad:

Good:
- The rear diffuser. Definitely clears up the "naked" view of the muffler, and looks more aggressive. It allows the rear to flow better aesthetically.
- The rims. The fit looks just right for the car.
- The front spoiler...BUT ONLY from the side profile. The bottom lip of the spoiler from the side profile shot makes the M3 look more aggressive and smooths and straightens out the bottom line of the car.
- The rear spoiler....BUT AGAIN, ONLY FROM side profile. It evens out the hood bulge.

Bad:
- The front and rear spoilers from any angle other than side. It's just too fussy and doesn't flow well.

The new M3's design makes it pretty hard to aftermarket companies to produce well flowing pieces. The oem front bumper is pretty complicated, not like the E46 bumper. The hamann pieces look good from the side profile as it smoothes out the overall lines of the car, but trying to modify the direct front and rear views is definitely more complicated. The front intake dam is not the easiest to modify or add too. Needs more simplicity than complexity in design.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0