View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
I say with your attitude, stick with that you know and happy with, problem is you hang around the wrong forum to make us feel bad with what you know.

You don't deserve an M3 Go Play in another Sand Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheistand37 View Post
Hi all,
new to the site, although I have been reading from it for some time.
Ill be getting a new car soon and an 09 M3 is on my short list.

Frankly though, I have one issue. An issue that I am sure has been discussed here before... Is it fast enough? I have owned both a two and four door 335i with jb3 and if the M3(with xpipe,tune,exhaust) is at least as fast as the 2door jb3 with manual Im prob sold. If anyone has insight into this I would appreciate it. With those standard mods, does the m3 "feel" as fast as the jb3 335i and is it actually. Obviously it lacks torque.

I am a former racing driver..champcar atlantic, indy lights etc. and like to slide my car around. My other options are a 08-09 ZO6 and maybe an 08 GTR. Both faster cars for sure but both have there own issues. The zo6 lacks class and interior and the nissans not far behind.. and ones a nissan and the others a chevrolet. Plus the 08 gtr is a maintenance nightmare I hear?

In other words when Im not having fun in it as a dd, I still need to take a girl on a date, go to work etc. Although comfort on a daly basis is not my issue with any, I do believe the M3 wins out in classiness and perhaps even curb appeal. I know it handles great, but is the damn thing fast enough?!

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0