View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
socalm3lover
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

OP, I have read the "advice" you have been given. I suggest you consider that more than just the dealer is involved and to remember that they have flown in techs, replaced transmissions, etc at BMW's cost on a 3 year old used car. To me it means that they think there is a problem and they are obviously trying to fix it. They are not making money from this, they are not doing it for fun…., it is costing them plenty to try to fix your car. Second guessing the dealer mechanics is one thing, but second guessing the techs from Germany makes little sense. They could be wrong, but what are the chances? The "keyboard warriors" always want others to fight….., seldom constructive.

I would agree that on the surface, multiple replacements with the same result does not make sense, but this is based on what little we know on this forum. The people spending all the money designed and built these cars. The techs answering to someone and they surely know more than us. Even BMW is not going to waste this much on a customer car without thinking it is the thing to do.

For the "don't make payments, etc" crowd, keep in mind that the dealer is providing a loaner that I assume is free of charge. I understand that it is frustrating, and getting some consideration for the trouble is not unreasonable, but being reasonable, as you have is your best course. First, let them fix your car. When it is fixed, it is an incredible car.

Keep us posted and good luck.

John
Appreciate 0