04-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #78
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
You forgot to mention the track was cold and wet, which pretty much erases any tire advantage the GT2 has and actually swings things in favor of the AWD GT-R. You also forgot to mention that Chris had this to say at the end of test: "I felt I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche." So much for your claim he took it easy in a friend's car.

Look, you can make as many excuses for the GT-R as you want. The best heads-up comparison of two cars as close to factory stock as possible shows the GT2 had the edge on that day - on a damp, cold track no less.
I didn't forget, I just highlighted some of the things I felt were important to your debate at the time, but if you want me to include other stuff then why not mention the fact that Chris found the GT2 to have less understeer in those wet conditions, and that is solely down to the Bridgestone rubber.

P.S.
If including DR tests then why not include the one at Silverstone where the GTR was quicker than both the GT2 and LP560.
Appreciate 0