View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #57
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongju
I was able to test drive an RS5 the other day as I was considering 'jumping ship' to an Audi to bridge the wait for when the M4 comes out. I was underwhelmed even before I sat in the car. The SA drove the car up to me and I was surprised at how quiet it sounded... this is with the sport exhaust too! My boyfriend even commented that it sounded like an electric vehicle compared to my M3. I wasn't really allowed to push the car as it had just come in and was the only one available in their lot. The S Tronic shifted incredibly smooth... almost too smooth, is that even possible? It definitely felt more torquier, which I enjoyed. The overall drive was, again, smooth and much more tame and quiet compared to the M3.

Don't get me wrong, I think the RS5 is a great looking car inside and out especially with the titanium pkg which I think is a must on this car. I really wanted to like this car enough to pull the trigger but, for me, I like to feel the road more and feel more connected with the car and I think with the RS5 I'd be afraid that I would eventually become bored with it. Like all the reviews have said it is more of a GT car and it's just a different animal than the M3. Still a great car though but just not for me. You can read all the reviews you want, like I have, but you really just have to drive both cars to see which one is a better fit for you.
Princess with an m3?

Do you track your car? That would be awesome.
Appreciate 0