11-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #502
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Do you consider yourself well off? IIRC, you just purchased a c63amg coupe, you are the 'people who didn't buy a GT-R' you chose not to buy it, the GT-R does not get chosen because it is too exlusive, rare, or difficult to attain. The GT-R is not chosen because most people are not willing to spend more than 40k on a Nissan sportscar.

I'm taking about inventory, market availability. Two very different things, number sold vs. number available, there are too many GT-Rs available to be throwing the term exclusive or rare, maybe back in 2009 was the vehicle exlusive or rare, maybe in 2012, when only a few hundred are initially available, but right now, looking around the various sources, you can't say that a GT-R is exclusive or rare, and stop comparing it to a civic, I was comparing it to a GT2. There are rare civics, mugen type R, probably more rare and exclusive than a GT-R.

I do actually consider myself well off. I didn't choose a GT-R simply because I didn't need a sports car. I want a comfortable sporty coupe that's quick, and fun to drive.
Appreciate 0