captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Having lived in Manhattan for 12 years, I can also attest to that. Most new yorkers don't care, and expensive cars are parked on the street all the time. Go to SoHo on a nice weekend.... Anyway, when I take the M3 to NYC no one looks (expect car folks), but if I drive my car to York, PA to visit the in-laws I get tons of attention (good and bad).
I was only in York, PA once and I don't think anyone would have paid attention to an M3 or any BMW. Of course the day I was there they were having a huge Street Rod convention in town. There were literally thousands of Street Rods in the town and on the surrounding roads and as the cars left the site of the show people were lined up along the streets watching them go by and taking pictures.

On a normal day in York I can believe that an M3 would be one of the nicer cars in town.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0