View Single Post
      07-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #38
Fzara2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
As adults we SHOULD be able to make our own choices. Problem is, I am then relying on someone else's judgement that they are 1) not driving too fast for their skill level, 2) haven't had just 1 too many, etc. when I put my two kids in the car.

As long as the choice ONLY affects the person making it, then fill your boots. The minute someone gets behind a 2,000 lb missile on a public street with my family on the same street, then how much choice you have gets a little more grey. Don't know about you but when you children/spouse are out and about driving, I don't like the idea of Joe Blow at the local pub deciding that he is willing to accept the "risk" of driving home because he thinks he's fine. IMO, not his right to make that decision when it's other peoples safety at risk. The only time I buy into being "conservative" on an individuals ability to choose what they do is when those choices have significant potential to harm someone else. Otherwise, I agree with your comments.
I find it fucking funny that the guys with the slowest POS cars (read: 328) are the ones supporting this new legislation.