View Single Post
      09-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
I just placed the order for my 2011 E92 M3 today (Space Gray, Fox Red, ZCP, Convenience Package, Premium Package, EPS).

Here's the dilemma. The dealer offered me a 2011 E92 M3 in Fire Orange with ZCP (black wheels). The paint is a $5000 option. The car comes with DCT. No other options. Cloth seats, no packages, no nav etc. ... The car is also $2600 more than my order.
I am trying to make the numbers work out here. How does this Fire Orange car come out to be more than the one you ordered? I know it has a $5000 paint job, but you've got way more than that in options and packages. Did you not order DCT? If not, then it sounds to me like that is easily the biggest discrepancy between the two. If you have already decided on 6MT, you better go test drive a car with DCT before you even think of considering buying one. It is obviously going to change the entire driving experience.

Quote:
Would anyone here consider this over the car I purchased?
Absolutely. In fact, if I were to get an M3 coupe today, it would be exactly this car. I'd probably have added Assist/Bluetooth too if I ordered it. Actually I'd probably wait for 2012 and add in ad-hoc comfort access also. But I would not let these little things stop me from getting this one instead if I could get it at no more than $1000 over invoice.
Appreciate 0