View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Has anybody pulled the stereo fuse? Does it kill anything else?

Hey gang, am getting ready to receive a call from the body shop that the parts are in. I already removed everything loose from the car (tools, manuals, flashlight, nav DVD, etc.), removed trunk light, wheel center caps, valve caps, and will try to think of any other thing that can get damaged, stolen, or can drain the battery.

On that last issue I want to pull the stereo fuse, to not only avoid draining my battery, but causing possible speaker damage. Want to know if it kills anything else other than the stereo. Sometimes it kills things we don't know that might be dangerous while driving, and don't want to find out the hard way .

And if somebody already knows the fuse number, please spit it out . Haven't removed the glove box panel yet, but hope to find a fuse extractor in there.

Hey, is it a good idea to kill iDrive too??? That way I could possibly save my battery since car will be moved around constantly for who knows how long. And that thing runs for 10 minutes every time you open a door or trunk. If you know the fuse number, post that too. Thanks gang.
Appreciate 0