04-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
dogbone
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
I can tell you from first hand experience, a BBK is the single biggest confidence booster out there on a track. I was experiencing shuddering, shaking, pedal fade, complete lack of braking power on the OEM brakes when pushing on the track.......yeah, all those things don't help in the confidence department. Now I have a BBK on all four corners with Castrol SRF.......hehe.....It's hard to over-emphasize what a massive difference it is. No matter what lap #, no matter how hot, no matter how aggressively I brake, I can't overheat them. They just keep working----smooth as butter. Incredible! I was on that 100+ degree track at MFest last weekend in Vegas. The BBK was smooth as can be. Never ceases to amaze me.

My humble advice to you is to own both track and street pads. I know you're only planning on a couple events this year, but if you drive with any degree of aggressiveness, you will only get the full effect of the BBK with the proper pads. Having all the pistons to squeeze a pad against a rotor is great, and having brake fluid with a super high boiling point is great, but you really do need a pad compound that performs optimally in high heat to make it all come together, not one that barely survives it.
Appreciate 0