11-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
The reality is the C63 does slay the M3 99.9% of the time which is on the roads across the country and in Europe.
Actually I disagree.

I personally don't doubt that the C63 is faster in a straight line, at least compared to my 6sp manual. But to my mind the performance is close enough that road conditions, traffic and ultimately confidence will have a bigger impact.

And in Europe on the derestricted Autobahn usually the win comes to the car with the highest top speed limiter.

Quote:
You obviously fall in the VERY SMALL minority of people who get to enjoy your car in it's natural element. While in some ways I am jealous and wish I could spend some time on a road course in my car, unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow that. Again you are lucky.
Thanks! The M3 is a blast on track, as I'm dead sure the C63 is as well.

But again, to me it doesn't ultimately matter if one car is faster around a track by 1 second than another. The reasons I choose the M3 over the C63 are: availability of 6sp manual, adjustable suspension and overall balance. Seeing as those things most likely won't be addressed by a C63 black series, I'd still choose my M3 over one (even if other factors such as cost were the same).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0