View Single Post
      09-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Second day with the car.

Way better than the first. I'll admit that while I loved the car the first day, I did have a bit of buyers remorse. I drove the car down PCH and the sky's didn't burst into fireworks nor did I suddenly become better looking. Don't get me wrong, it was a great car, but it didn't seem life changing. Of course, it didn't help that I had just paid close to 70k (after taxes) for a car, almost 26 times as expensive as the most expensive thing I've ever bought with my hard earned cash (plasma tv).

But this morning I had to go to LA for work. I was thinking of taking the Corolla due to fears that I couldn't deal with traffic just yet, but in the end decided just to go for it. So happy I did. Downshifting and pulling past people on the highway is an absolute dream. One thing I quickly learned is that I need to set the car so it chimes at 80mph, otherwise I'd be cruising at 100 without ever realizing it... it's that smooth (at least compared to the Corolla).

Also, I noticed a few cars start to follow me which was a little unnerving at first (the last thing I need is someone trying to race me or bully me while I'm getting acquainted with the 6MT), but my fears were quickly dismissed as I realized that people just seemed to want to look at the car. A very weird (but nice) feeling nonetheless

Anyway, came in to work today and got some good natured ribbing from my boss about how he pays me too much. (He drives a 335i coupe). Half the office can't believe I got the sedan, the other half can't believe I choose the 6MT over the DCT.

Happily, right now, I couldn't care less. I can't wait to hit the track.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0