Thread: C63 vs m4
View Single Post
      06-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #104
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

stock for stock, the F80 is going to beat the E90 in every measurable way. but saying that the F80 can keep up with a supercharged, 600+hp E90 is a stretch. I had a supercharged M and tracked it about 10 times/year. I would bet money that the F80 would struggle to keep up with it on most tracks. that's just such a huge increase in power to try to overcome with the new generations weight savings. on an autocross I would bet the F80 would be faster, but the longer the track the more the S/C E90 would pull away, and I don't think there are many tracks short enough that the F80 would would be faster.

truly a pointless thing to argue about, however. the new M's are going to spank the E90's stock for stock, and that's what counts. once we start comparing modded vs. modded, the F80 will still hold an advantage, but I'm not sure that its driveability will be preserved like it was with the E90. the greatest thing about the E90 S/C systems is that it preserved 100% of the throttle response and the predictable, flat torque curve. I have a feeling that when you really up the power on this new generation (possibly with bigger turbos) it will become a bit tricky to drive fast.
Appreciate 0