06-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #60
M3Bliss
Just Live'n the Dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik1 View Post
Hey there. I was definitely on of the first 30 to call--called 11:30 sharp and on hold for almost 15 miutes. A Mr. Tim Brown took all my info and my desired dealer info. He stated someone would call or email me within 24 hours. I asked for a reservation or reference numer, he stated there is none. Since 24+ hours went by yesterday I called "customer relations" to follow up, they first never heard of a frozen grey limited edition. After putting me on hold, of course told me there is a specific number to call. I told them that number now is just a recording saying that all reservations have been filled. I then asked for "Tim". The customer relations person transfers me to a supervisor that digs a little deeper after I get progressively annoyed with their lack of a system, and he found my interaction with a Tim Brown as well as my current 2010 car. He tranfers me to Tim's voicemail, and I leave a polite message yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).

As of today, Mr. Time Brown has not so much as even returned my phoine call. I think it's unacceptable not to reply at all. Forget the fact that I have owned 8 BMWs, 4 of which were M3s. Even if it were a job interview, I'm sure I would get a courtesy call or a letter saying I didn't get the job.
There is always a dark side to something unique but I think the FG is beautiful and I for one hope your order was successful. So what if it takes some extra TLC, consider that Ferrari owners sometimes transport their cars hundreds of miles just for routine maintenance because that is what needs to be done. Having a rare object is in itself a joy and all of the extra work is a mere afterthought to a infatuated owner. I believe that 95% of the return on investment of automobile ownership is the lust and desire that the object brings with the other 5% being rationality and what the hell does rationality have to do with automobile ownership? Bravo to you technik1.