kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Not saying you are wrong, but that's not what has been said in the past by people who have placed Individual orders and inquired about this color. Do you mind sharing how you know about the availability of this color?

In any case, if you are correct, we should see some members placing FG Individual orders very soon.
FG is only available on the MY2011, that's why "people in the past" haven't been able to order it. Additionally, FG is must be approved by BMW NA on a case-by-case basis... Frozen black is NOT available to anyone, it was a one-off showroom car.

How do I know? Well, I was about to place an order for a FG E92, but passed because of the waste of money price and the fact that a car should be metallic and not matte - that's why the clearcoat was invented... If you want to stand out for a few months, vinyl wrap the thing.

It's a nice color, but for a few minutes in the showroom.

Finally, I believe that BMW only paints 5 cars / month in FG Individual, so that's 60 cars in FG for the entire MY2011 model year. Could be wrong, but this is what I've heard.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0