01-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #115
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Hey Rovman, how would you describe the sound of the UUC exhaust? Would it be more of an American V8 sound or more of a European V8 sound?

I'm curious because this exhaust is priced right and best of all its bolt on.

I myself would like an exhaust that has a European V8 (Ferrari like) sound to it. Though I wish my M3 were actually a real Ferrari!
Hello Morish,

I hear you, a Ferrari would be awesome but I would be afraid to park it anywhere other than my garage. :-)

I would say that it is somewhere in between the two (American/German) but leaning more toward the German side of sound.

I can also comment that from the time I have installed the exhaust to now (about 3500 acrued miles since install) , the tone has changed a bit. I think the sound that it has matured into is just perfect.

Also for an extra tid bit of info, I have read that people have mentioned a drone area at the 1700 to 1800 rpm range with aftermarket exhaust installs but I have observed a different rpm of very very slight drone. I noticed from long road trips that when the car is in 6 gear at Interstate speeds (circa 70 to 80 mph), with this exhaust you will hear a very very slight hint of drone permeating into the cabin. If you speed up it will disappear or if you slow down it will also dissapear. This is usually the speeds at which I travel 70 % of the time on the Interstate but I find raising the radio volume just a little bit more will just about drown out the sound. I just noticed this recently as I have just been on a few 3 to 4 hours road trips.

Hope this helps.
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0