View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #44
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
for all people that has never worked in this industry before, theres a lot more behind the scene stuff that you dont see. It takes 1 - 2 hours to open and prepare for everything (the just in case you need it stuff) before the restaurant opens and clean up after your shit cause you are a messy eater and leave shit load of crumbs and stain all over the seat and table cloth. Dont want to leave a tip, maybe you should go to McDonald's or Burger King and get your own straws, ketchup, napkins, and throw out your shit when you are done eating or get take outs and clean up after yourself in your own home.

Dining out is an experience or rather, you dont want to deal with the hassles of preparing your food, spending time getting everything setup, cleaning up; basically, you are just trying to enjoy yourself and your company while SOMEONE else is doing the bitch work for you. SO PAY THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE. Here in America, the price on the menu is the price for the FOOD only. The server gets no part of that. It all goes to the owner.

TIPS also stands for "to insure proper/promptness service." Some old school diners would slip you a $20 or whatever to the server when they arrive at the restaurant just so they let the server knows they are here to enjoy themselves and please provide a pleasant dinning experience. So FOR YOU PEOPLE next time you want to be a big boy baller and dine with your $200 steak dinner, BE A BIG BOY BALLER AND PAY THE BIG BOY TIP. I am in no way against spending money if you got them but i am sick of people bitching about the standard of 15% to 20% tips when they are dropping hundreds on dinner. On the other hand, if the service is lacking due to the SERVER's fault, then you can adjust your tips according but it has to be a pretty big fuckup for you to leave a big fat ZERO on tips.

The ONLY time ive left a big fat zero or even less than 10% was when the server completely forgot to put in my girlfriend's order in and when it finally came out, it wasnt what she ordered and no apologies or damage control was given. In that situation, the server is at 100% fault, forgot orders, messed up orders and didnt get a manager or anything to acknowledge the error to touch up on the situation. Hey i understand that shit happens, we all make mistakes but at least show me you are trying to fix it or attempted to wouldve helped the outcome.
Why take it out on the customer and not the employer The price of an airline ticket is also for the trip as well, should everyone on board of an airplane tip 20% of the ticket fare to the crew for serving us food during our flight and to the pilot for flying us to the destination because the money for that ticket goes to the airline company What about mechanics at the dealership, should they be tipped as well for working on our cars How about the gardeners who do the gardening work. If the guy gets $100 per month to mow the lawn once a week and pays or under pays some other dude to mow the lawn instead does that mean we owe him 20% as well

You mentioned being a big baller and spending $200 on a steak dinner to where you laid the fault upon the customer. Why is it the customer's fault/responsibility and not the restaurant owner/employer's responsibility to ball up as well and share some of their earnings with their employees?

The poor people in China making iPhone and iPads for Apple are well under paid by Apple. Should the end user fork out 20% of their phone for the employees who helped put that phone together

It's weird.. If the customer does not fork out 20% extra on top of their bill to give the employees at the restaurant (of which they work for and work at) then the customer is considered bad and cheap but when the boss refuses to fork out or share 20% of his income with the employees then it is viewed as ok

I am not against tipping but these days the way tipping is going it is becoming like a tax to where it is not an option but part of the bill on each when one goes out to eat. Tipping should remain an option by each individual to choose on whether or not they should tip. I don't mind tipping but what I do think many people out there do mind is it being forced upon them like a tax of some sort.

Last edited by stylinexpat; 07-17-2012 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 0