View Single Post
      01-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

I have three hookahs. A smaller 1-hose of maybe 20 inches or so would be a great one to start with. Make sure to get a nice hose that you can wash and that has a large inner diameter for bigger pulls. All of mine are a brand called Narbish which are like the KM hoses, huge clouds come out of those things. Also the single biggest contributor to the flavor is heat control so you will want to be absolutely sure of how to set it up. Look online for info on how to do this or read on hookah forums which should have some sort of DIY.

Have fun with how you prepare it. Try lemon and ice in the base (although ice takes out some flavor it thickens the smoke) or a sprinkle of rosewater in the normal water. Try it with vodka and get really drunk really fast, or milk for a thick creamy smoke. Just make sure to wash it thoroughly after milk. Try mixing just two flavors or so many that you don't remember them all.

Finally a hookah is a social smoke. I enjoy a solo one from time to time but they're much better with a small group to hold conversation over.
Appreciate 0