View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
Has anyone actually done this? Im really curious if it will clean up the sound and make it sound like it should!
I am going to add 2 or 4 resonators once I receive the track pipe that I ordered. You will have to wait a couple of months because this is not a priority job for me and I have some other fabrication work to do first. In the meantime, ask Dinan and Borla owners whether they are happy with their well resonated track pipes, and what rear exhausts they are using.

A subsequent post notes that a lot of exhaust sound is attributable to the rear exhaust. I have found this to be true. With the same headers and trackpipe, I had a really loud exhaust with a B&B rear section and a very civilized exhaust with a replica Supersprint rear section.

In contrast to the subsequent post, however, I think you can reduce the noise that is going to your rear exhaust by adding resonators. The rear exhaust will then be muffling noise that is quieter to start with.

But I am not sure anything will make a really loud rear exhaust quiet. Quieter maybe.
Appreciate 0