01-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
KW Clubsport is a trackable street suspension, and KW Competition is a streetable track & race suspension.

Typically, for my customers who use the car daily and goes to the track a handful of times a year, I would recommend KW Clubsport. It offers improved performance vs. stock, a very decent ride, and design features that can handle the elements from daily driving such as snow and salt.

For example, the Clubsport camber plate has a rubber boot to keep the main bearing clean, lubricated and protected from salt and debris. The front adjustable spring perches are made using steel sandwiched in between self-lubricating composites which eliminates corrosion and prevents the spring perches from seizing onto the front strut.

KW Competition, on the other hand, is designed with performance and precision first and foremost. All the rubber bushings and mounts found on the Clubsport are replaced with race quality metal bearings. Springs and valving are substantially uprated based on your driving style and tire use. The camber plate is beefed up to handle increased loads from racing conditions.

Also available now (just released) is an inverted front strut, increasing the strength and rigidity of the damper by distributing the bending load onto the entire shock body while reducing frictional loads during cornering.

I've driven many of my customers' and students' M3s with Clubsport on the race track, and compared to KW Competition, the difference is substantial, especially for more experienced drivers using sticky tires. If you are ever in the area, shoot me a PM
Thanks for the detailed response. I always appreciate your input since you have hands on experience. What line is the new inverted strut in? CS or Competition or is it a new line?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0