View Single Post
      05-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
southfla330
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by symple84 View Post
I understand that part. I was more interested in feedback about the price and offer I should make to the dealer.
For comparison, I just sold a '12 Alpine White Coupe, DCT, ZCP, 27k miles, with every option besides cold weather and brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires for $55k. I am also located in Miami and we have had a strong market for these cars.

I think at $52k there is definitely room to knock the price down a bit and at least cover the dealer fee they will add on. I had been watching the prices to time the sale of mine, and I think that they have listed the car very aggressively, but it also would not hurt to negotiate the car further as I know that particular car has been on their lot for a while.

For reference I came out of a '12 535i M Sport and did not regret the move. The M3 is far far more powerful in every way from that motor and platform. I really enjoyed the M3 and it had always been a dream car for me to purchase. After a brief ownership (6 months) and a brutal commute in traffic everyday, I decided to sell which only took one day from when I listed it. One thing I would encourage is to test drive the car again and DRIVE it. Set up the settings properly, play with M mode and really experience what it's capable of. I remember when I test drove mine, the young salesman ruined my chance to experience the car properly which I regret allowing to happen. If you still don't think it has the feel you are looking for, take a pass. There are many cars available with handling/power characteristics that might be a better fit for what you are looking for. Let us know if you move forward and good luck with negotiation.
'03 330ci - Silver, Sport - SOLD

Last edited by southfla330; 05-24-2014 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0