View Single Post
      05-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
Russellnyc
Razor sharp handling
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeSoete View Post
Just so you guys know, the Speedster *is* my bro's daily driver: 200 km/day (~124 miles/day), with the Bose Quiet Comfort headset .

Guillaume
That's awesome! Seriously, I have to drive the car up to Watkins Glen in June (hee hee) and am planning to wear earplugs so I won't be completely wiped out by the time I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Congrats...fun car to drive on the weekends! It handles better than any car I've driven in, and it's very LOUD!!! My bro's got one with an intake and Nitrous..little TQ, but it's very light and very FAST; here are a couple pics of his car...
Nice, my interior is red too, though you can't see it in the pics. By way, although the car has much less torque than the bmw and has to be wound up to really get some pull, I think people underestimate how light the car really is when thinking about acceleration. In other words, I was dead even with a brand new G35x yesterday off the line to about 40 or 50 mph. I shifted at about 5k in first because the car isn't broken in yet (plus, I'm not a street racer), but that wasn't even anywhere near the car's powerband, when the second cam opens up at 6.5k and the car takes off up to 8.5k (a brief overrev in low gears is allowed beyond the 8k redline). Once I get past 1k miles (I'm at about 125 right now after the weekend) and have my first service, I will be able to unwind that engine the right way. Interestingly, the car feels like it's near redline (in terms of noise and vibration) at 4k, so I can't imagine what it will sound and feel like at 8.5k.

2006 Lotus Elise Polar Blue/Red
2007 E92 335i Spacegrau/Coral/Al | ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA/PDC/NAV Broken in
Appreciate 0