View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Thanks for posting this OP. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I'm absolutely in love with it. My car is also otherwise stock. I bought mine lightly used from AutoCouture (thanks Sal) and it was already broken in. I was told the brand new ones smoke and/or stink. I now find myself in the same situation as when the car was delivered, I wanna drive the car for no reason! IMHO, this is the best catback system for this car without a doubt and it's one of few that looks good from the back of the car too. Also there is no doubt in my mind this exhaust has less restrictive airflow than OEM. You'll know that the second the throttle is blipped on a shift. This exhaust is not obnoxious in the least, it's exactly the right volume. I can finally hear the exhaust from inside the car! I love hearing the engine but hearing both is a true eargasm.
Now to the bad, and I'm nitpicking. If you are very overly sensative to drone, don't buy. It does drone but I prefer to say that it resonates a VERY pleasing sound right at 3k rpm. Also I can't really tell if it's any louder at WOT, I'm sure it is but it's not discernable inside the car. I don't care anyway. I got this thing dirt cheap in wonderful condition. This is how this car should sound from the factory.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0