View Single Post
      01-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #6
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by R68 View Post
The chrome piece will not separate w/o removing the torx screw. I would advise all e90 owners to abort this particular mod. The e92 removal methods do not work for the e90. I ended up going to my dealer to check the parts diagrams on how to remove the grill. BMW says to use the BMW plastic cards (like a credit card) and a zip tie!!! The diagram shows: insert the card between the grill and quarter panel to disengage the tabs, then stick a zip tie in/out of the honeycomb and yank on the whole assembly!!! Ya right, it took bruit strength from two of us only after removing the wheel, wheel well and washer fluid reservoir just to get behind the passenger side grill. After finally getting the assembly out, the only way to swap the chrome part out is to damage it by squeezing the tabs with channel locks. After seeing how impenetrable this grill was and the potential for damaging the car, I just put everything back and returned the grills to JLevi.
WTF??! LOL! Dude not sure why you had so much trouble. Mine popped out perfectly fine, exactly like with the e92. Seriously, this is such an easy procedure. I am not sure why so many have a problem with it.
Appreciate 0