07-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #42
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yes, this is my DD. And, yes, I have a 265/295 setup. -1.9 camber up front reduced understeer nicely, and the car does rotate more easily. I'm pretty happy with it.

-1.75 rear was too much. I was heating up the inside edges of both tires, and lost some grip, but that might have been a pressure issue. I had that dialed back to -1.4.
First and foremost, this is an awesome thread, and thank you Lucid as I have been tracking your reviews/comments on good track setups on multiple threads.

Do you find the extra negative camber really increases wear on your street tires?

Now to a bit of OT: your 265/295 setup, that is on your track setup not your stock 19s street setup correct? If its the stock 19s, aren't those tires too big for stock wheel thus creating bubbling/bulging at the edges and leading to lest responsiveness on turn in/lane change/etc?

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, very informative for those of us with little experience with adjusting our toe/camber for tracks time.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0