03-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
dizman7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3 Cabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIO View Post
Is your car an '09? If so, you can upload all your music to the hard drive and do away with the iPod completely. You have 13 GB of storage on the hard drive. Some people have been able to upload all their music to the HD by connecting their iPod to the USB port in the glovebox. I could never get it to correctly upoad my music....the folders were all screwed up. So I just used an 8 GB memory USB stick and put all my music on that and then uploaded to the HD in the car. Now I'm all set. It works great. You do need to have an '09 M3 with the new iDrive....lots of buttons around the controller.

I read some where (after someone pointed it out on the forums here) that if you download music to your iDrive usings the USB in the glovebox that it downgrades the music to 128kbps, regardless of what the original format was to save space on the disc. Not sure about 09 but for 08 iDrive you only have 8GB.

As I said, I haven't tried downloading to iDrive but I have tried a Flash drive and iPod and I found the iPod to be the most seemless with no errors or interuptions