View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #34
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaung View Post
Your car looks great and the build quality looks top notch but builds like that seem to go against the whole nature of the Chump car series.

Just my opinion.
I can understand that. We honestly did not intend for the car to be as nice until we went to Daytona and saw some of the cars out there, chumpcar is actually quite a step up from a series like Lemons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I would also say that build was way more than 10 with labor. Just the cage is 3 or more. My e46 was a ton more than that and not as extensive.
It's hard to estimate exact costs with labor since we did everything ourselves. The cage is fairly basic and we built it in house, so it was well under $500 in parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Very nice, good luck with the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
Awesome results guys!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops128i View Post
very professional looking build! The photography is excellent too!

I have thoughts of a e36 track car some day, thank you for helping me day dream.

Does the factory OEM parts constraint make the buid easier/cheaper?
I hated the fact that everything had to be OEM. Aftermarket bushings are much easier to replace, and I hate the idea that I have to use a factory windowed bushing when I could use a poly/delrin piece that will last much longer and perform much better. Rules are rules though, and it definitely keeps the series competitive!
Appreciate 0