05-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #44
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
As a former Piano Black trim owner, you should wax/seal the trim once every three months. It's very sensitive to any kind of contact, and the wax/sealant will help prevent any marring or scratching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
My car! The guys at EAS did a great job and I'll be back for some more work in a week or two including the front Park Distance Control retrofit. I appreciate the kind words on the interior. It took a lot of BS to order and get approved. The thing that surprised me was the leather dash. All of the Platinum on the dash except a couple of plastic inserts is leather as well. You can see the stitching in a few areas. That was a nice touch by BMW.

Most guys like racy / sporty looking interiors on the M3. I'm not a big fan. I was shooting for a classy, 7 Series look on the inside and I think it worked. Platinum / Piano is kind of a 7 Series combo.

I have a ton of pics of the interior that I took myself and will post everything this weekend on the thread I started for the car a week or so ago here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386814

A few guys asked about the seatbelt chime. The issue is not the driver's seat, it's mainly the passenger's seat. The seat occupancy sensors are sensitive and I usually have a bag with me with my laptop etc... that I put on the seat. That's enough to set it off and I definitely don't want to strap in my bag with a seatbelt :-). It's a clean solution.

Before I got the car, I wasn't sure about the wheels either. I thought I wanted to trade them for Style 220's. No way. In person they're sick. They look aggressive but not over the top - perfect. Wheels are a subjective thing, but I think BMW nailed it with these. For those thinking about ZCP, if you're on the fence, do it.

Thanks to Tom and the crew at EAS for some nice work - more to come. The photography is clean, much better than mine. See everyone at Bimmerfest.
Appreciate 0