12-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #75
Doc
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/Blk sunroof 19s

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Actually I also went on to google before I wrote that Walter hadn't driven the GTR so I would love to read that article if you could provide a link.

Also 9 seconds improvement through slight mods isn't unheard of, hack even Walter improved his time in the Carrera GT by 8 seconds without any modifications. Point being is that such is the length and variation on each corner of the ring that it's very possible for the very same GTR that posted the original 7:38 lap could have been the one that posted the 7:29. I understand Porsche's position, it's world was ripped apart by the GTR. Here was a car that at less than half the price was even quicker than it's almost top model and it proved how over priced their cars were.

Why does everyone on this forum feel that Nissan has had to cheat to prove it's worth, just look at every other comparison test where the GTR has been put up against the competition, be it the GT2, the Gallardo LP560 or the 997Turbo. In almost every test the GTR has proved worthy of it's title and it's position as an equal to all others, so why cheat at the ring when all other tests are proving so positive.

The norm is for each new model to dramatically improve it lap time over the last. The 996 GT2 lapped in 7:46 and the 997 GT2 in 7:32 an improvement of 14s, likewise the M3 does similar, as does the RS4. So why believe Nissan aren't capable of such improvements that all other companies seem to do on a regular bases.

I personally find it pitiful at everyone from Porsche to BMW M3 owners use this disbelief as the only way make them feel better about their own decisions, in Porsche's case their decision to price their cars that high and M3 owners in their decision to pick the M3 over the much more talented GTR.
I have put up a link. I do not care about what time the GTR does around the ring. I did not care what time the E92 M3 did when I bought it. The problem I have is that Nissan have used their ring claims in their aggressive marketing campaign without any real proof, except a video not showing much of the car running the times or having an outside party to confirm them. Thats the big problem I have. The GTR is a fast car and on certain tracks its going to have an advantage over its competitors no doubt. The track in question here is the Nurburgring and its pretty obvious to me that they cheated or they lied about the car being stock thinking that the whole world is going to bow down to the shrine of GTR

It should be called FQ GTR, but it aint doing 7min29s stock - no fucking ways man
Appreciate 0