View Single Post
      03-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #33
dvpouldar26
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
The transmission failures have been a non issue for quite some time now. Nissan changed the launch control feature to be easier on the transmission and to limit the number of consecutive launches. The BMW M-DCT has a similar feature to limit consecutive launches if I remember correctly.
Those tranny problems were happening back when the GTR was using LC1 for their launch control, which launches at 4500rpm. LC2 was flashed which launches at a lower rpm.

GTR is hard to beat for the money. with a few upgrades such as Cobb AP and a midpipe, you'll be seeing 10's in the 1/4 and 600+hp. It is good for basic boltons until you hit about the 550-580awhp mark where then the turbos are basically blowing hot air and the turbos will need to be upgraded. Even then, with stock turbos and the bolt-ons available, low 10's are possible. I say go for the GT-R hands down. Im fairly active on NAGTROC. Check it out for further info.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0