View Single Post
      08-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #25
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Calgary is way more vibrant as a city than Edmonton. There are tons of places to go and lots of ethnic diversity. The pictures I posted certainly speak volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
"the mountains are the only good thing about Calgary !!!"

Having lived in Calgary for 10 years, and Edmonton for over 6 years; I can tell you you are dead wrong about that. There is not enough money in the world to get me to go back to Edmonton.

That is the misconception. I have been to LA several times and the taxes over there are astronomical. Way higher than here in Alberta. Sales tax alone was about 10% or so. I heard people pay up to 60% taxes altogether there in the wake of the state out of money now.

But, then again Alberta has the lowest taxes in Canada. Only 5% GST and that's it. No HST or anything.

My income tax is also in below 30% per annum and I am close to $100K (mind you I have a dependent wife and she is studying as an immigrant doctor so we are a single-income family so taxes are lower for us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
Taxes in Canada are higher than in the U.S. and Québec is among the highest in Canada.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 08-19-2010 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0