Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Had to much of the Fanboy Koolaid? Coming from 3 previous BMWS (02 X5 4.6is, 03 x5 4.6is, 04 M3) I can say honestly you are completely drunk on the koolaid. If I had greater financial resources I would own a M3 as well so I could have the both of best worlds. However I can only have one and I made my choice with no regrets (aside from being on now my 3rd set of rear tires with almost 15K on the clock ). Atleast Mercedes has created some speciality/exotic cars in terms of the SLR SL65 Black Series and CLK63 Black Series. Now I know those cars are 10, 5, and 2 times the price as a M3 but still what competition in that market does BMW offer? Jeez if even a CLS63 or SL63 doesn't get your attention you have some really high standards. I would love to see if all the forum members here were given a choice to have one car, regardless of cost that BMW and Mercedes make, I'm willing to bet more people will be going with the three point star. I just don't understand how you can bash the majority of the MB product line with no real justification.
I'm talking looks alone. I'm not commenting on abilities of Benz'zzzz. To my eye they don't look remotely good. The SL was nice but the update has actually ruined it a bit IMO.

The Black series of cars are totally nonsensical vehicles. There is NO justification for the hike in price over the normal AMG version of each vehicle. Minuscule hikes in power and race suspension do not a hypercar make. They are basically priced in beyond some seriously exotic machines that are far more special and more able. Pointless again IMHO. Everyone to their own but I would have a long list of exotics well ahead of a black series.

In fact. I have no doubt you could improve the car far better going directly to third party tuners (maybe brabus?) and end up with a lot of money left over.

P.S.
The CLS is one of the most ridiculous looking things I've ever seen. I looks like a banana on it's side.
Appreciate 0