View Single Post
      03-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #239
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillegal View Post
I think somewhere (either in this thread or a similar one) it has been mentioned that not every wheel is TUV certified because that would be extremely expensive. You do not need to test every offset, rim size etc. as long as for each style (or similar enough styles), at least one wheel is tested. FEA can (assuming you know what you're doing) reasonably test the other sizes/offsets. Arguably, rim to rim, the amount of material and method in which they are produced does not vary greatly. As long as one rim passes certification, it does lend greatly to the notion that all rims produced by that manufacturer should also pass.

On the other hand, if a manufacturer has zero certifications, there are no ways to assess if ANY of its wheels are safe. Therefore third-party verification is necessary.

I don't think it's misleading, but rather that a lot people are not very bright. 6>0
I agree with this 100% especially the last statement.

In regards to this what I understood about adv1's paper as someone who was in the know seemed to say it was a certificate of conformity I do not know but to me this would seem to me that at least that wheel conforms to TUV standards?

I am just interested to know if a wheel can conform to TUV standards or be TUV tested without the company's management process being TUV certified?

As someone said Most of us are in the US where SAE matters.
Appreciate 0