08-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM View Post
Driving home on the interstate from a funeral, behind a Waste Management garbage truck. He hits a big bump and rocks fly up and spider my windshield. Pull up beside him and he pulls off at next exit. We call his supervisor and the police. 2 hours later I get a report filed and am on my way. Call insurance company, USAA. I get through to the Safelite glass representative. He files my claim and will get the windshield replaced Saturday. I explain I have a police report and he seems uninterested. I will have to pay $100 deductible. The money is no big deal, but the truck was the one that damaged my car. Why would I pay? Call USAA back and talk to another person. Explain what happened and she files with a senior insurance claim rep. I feel the outcome is going to be me paying the $100, but I wanted USAA to look into the matter and try to talk to the Waste Management insurance people. Am I stupid for trying to get them to pursue this? If this was just a stray rock I would not pursue this. But, I saw it fly off the truck and there was a cloud of rocks and dirt that peppered my car.
You will pay the $100 initially and as long as they find the other driver at fault your insurance company should refund you your $100. At least that's how it works with my insurance at State Farm.
Appreciate 0