06-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #83
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
If you are concerned about bang for your buck, then for sure a 911 is not a good fit for you. There is a fat premium with porsches.

On a more general note, I can understand if a porsche is not for you if you throughly test drive a car (at least to have a good idea of what the car is about). I can respect that. But, it sounds like everyone here just test drove a porsche for maybe only 5 minutes. Like what others have said, "PDK does hold gears in Sport Plus," so it sounds like people have been test driving these porsches without sport chrono or in sport plus mode. That is equivalent to judging a m car without hitting the M button. It makes a world of difference, especially with the m5 or m6.

and the 911, especially the 997.2, is significantly faster than the m3. You are lying to yourself if you believe otherwise because there is a lot of information out there that confirms that.
everyone should be concerned about bang for their buck. only a fool would pay more money for less value in a product. I would not have bought two 997 GT3's in the past 4 years had they not been a good value for my interests and use of the car. A 911 is an excellent fit in its market range for value. name another sports car in the sub 150k range that matches a GT3? same goes for the M3 at 75k. in this case, the M3 is compared to a 911 C2S in the 90k range and I think its better value. With the GT3 compare them to any entry level V8 supercar or even V10 supercar and its price is quite attractive for what you get.

OP was comparing New C2S to trading in his 3 month old M3. I think in this case, M3 is way better value considering the loss he would take from making the swap for a quite negligible difference in the environment he tends to drive his cars in.