View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #954
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
You are right and my bad. They looked awesome against the Spurs with DH leading them. Those games were so close. They almost won a game. Keep dreaming. DH is going to be to be just like Kevin Brown for the Dodgers, remember him? Prima donna that signed a huge contract and killed the Dodgers for years. I am a huge Laker fan and do not think DH is worth the money. He is weak, injury prone and lacks the fire to be a Laker.
With all the injuries, not even Kobe would have made it a series. Even at full strength with the Lakers playing really well, it would have been a close series.

Sign and trade Howard or trade him in a year when everyone else is off the books, because if he walks then the Lakers will be hurting. He's top 5 talent and the Lakers are itching to sign him as they should.

Baseball and basketball are completely different. Unlike the NBA, one guy in baseball can't carry a team, let alone a guy pitching once every five days. Its funny you mention Kevin brown as I watched a ton of dodger games during that time and many of KBs starts. Simply put, kb on the mound put the dodgers in a position to win. Many of those starts were squandered though. Clubhouse stuff aside he put up good numbers, but had poor run support for most of his stay. Overpaid for the time....maybe but he was an effective pitcher.
Appreciate 0