Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple View Post
I am shocked that it comes to this...

a 90day old e93 M3.

I had aftermarket Alarm and Radar protection installed from a Professional Location.

All fine about 3 weeks later (2 days ago) my Engine showed a Engine Malfunction Message. Went to the Dealer ... Dealer says it could be because of the Aftermarket install... And that there is possible no more warranty protection because of it... I cant belive it. Now they dont knwo what causes it and how to fix it. I Called the Aftermarket installer and they say they get that a lot that Dealers blame outside companies.
The funny thing is the aftermarket installers do work for other BMW dealerships. They install Radars for them also. Just not for this specific Dealer.
Now i am stuck in the middle of this Blame Shifting game.

How do you tackle this mess... i am not sure... any thoughts...
There's a possibility of a mistake within the install. For instance, your installer may have mistakenly tapped into a CAN line instead of power. On the SmartTop, there is no wrong way it can be installed since it comes with a PnP harness. This is unlikely as you would would have errors immediately after installation (blinkers no longer work, windows inoperable, etc).

Another scenario would be a failed component. We've had numerous headaches with the reverse camera modules sourced from Korea, just removed another that was causing all sorts of CAN errors after time, and eventually - failing.

Start by removing the aftermarket components one at a time to see if the errors clear up.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0