08-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #815
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
That's why I said popular choice is silva and I don't blame them. Look all the good wrestler jiu jitsu guy vs silva. All were either super boring or very close. Against stand-up, no chance. Remember Travis Luther? Yes I know they all lost but I'm just saying I feel okami will be the one to overcome what other wrestler jiu jitsu guys couldn't do.
I'm not sure what you will expect will happen if Okami takes Silva down. Do you think he will mount him and KO him? My prediction is Silva will just get back up or Okami might grind out the rest of the round if he does get him down. I think Silva will be too fast anyway, his footwork is phenomenal. He will land a few strikes early on and Okami will keep pushing forward trying to put pressure on Silva and eventually go for a takedown but Silva will probably finish the fight right there with a brutal KO.

By the way, I don't think odds are based on popularity, actually I've seen a lot of unpopular fighters go into fights as heavy favourites so I have to disagree with you on that one too.
Appreciate 0