View Single Post
      05-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Can't decide on a bad weather DD, utility car.

The M3 is my DD currently and I have my wife's 02 Acura RSX auto (160hp slushbox) for when we have bad weather. Every time I drive that thing a little piece of my soul dies. She drives an Acura MDX, which we use when we go out as a family. I have a 6 year old and sometimes we have others with us.

So my plan was to dump the RSX and pick up a Subaru WRX. I miss rowing gears and want a beater stick. Drove the WRX last week and a couple things surprised me. First, it's not as peppy as I expected. Second, it's pretty bland inside. Third and worst, it's actually smaller inside than my M3 coupe. Seems silly to have a "practical" sedan that is smaller than my fun car.

So now I'm lost. Nashville doesn't get too much bad weather but I want something that can handle anything for the occasional winter storm. I.e. AWD. If the Lexus is350 awd came in a stick I'd be good to go, but it doesn't.

Does anybody have a suggestion? I wonder if the Acura TSX comes in AWD and stick. Audi A4 is another and I think it comes with a stick. But I've known a few people who got burned by their repair bills.

I'll probably pick whatever I decide on from an auction through a friend. If I go beater, cost has to be under 15k. If I go long term DD, then up to 30k.
Appreciate 0