View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #77
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I bought a CPO M3 and have a tight budget for mods. Cosmetics are the last on my list since I bought the car to drive not to sit there and look pretty. It is sitting on snow wheels covered in salt spray in the driveway right now. Whatever I spend on a car, I view as throwing away. It is for my entertainment. I don't gamble, drink much or do drugs, so this is my vice and I keep it within reason -- and reason varies depending on your income and assets, but for me it averages out to $100-$150 per month for mods (as opposed to maintenance, which I consider a necessity).

In a little over 2 years, I have spent about $3000-$3500 on mods, and plan to spend about $500 more in the next few months. I do all my own work, in order to have more money for mods.

used underdrive pulley
K&N filter
TopSpeed X-Pipe, modified with 4 resonators
braided steel brake lines
StopTech Street Pads
Vishnu Procede with meth injection
used H&R Sport springs
Plasti-dipped my front grilles and plan to do the side gilles
Bought ZHP shift knob but have not installed it yet
Bought MS Stage 2 intake but have not installed it yet
Plan to buy Megan rear exhaust

Other than that, just maintenance (changed brake fluid, tranny fluid, diff fluid, cabin filter, PS fluid, spark plugs, and plan to do the coolant). Needs new summer tires so a set of PSS are going on. Also have Apex ARC8 wheels for summer tires (but do not consider that a mod because I had to buy another set of wheels since I run snows on the stock ones in winter)

In a couple of years, finances permitting, I might pick up a used supercharger kit for the E90M3. A used set of coilovers is also a possibility down the road. Don't need a big brake kit unless I start tracking the car regularly.

I do have another car that is significantly modded (99M3 with turbo that makes over 500 rwhp and over 500 lbs rwtq), so the plan for the E90M3 was always to keep it civilized and do only basic mods.
Appreciate 0