View Single Post
      10-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
It maybe is better but it's still nowhere near as good as the best OEM systems on the market and for the money you are paying it should be a lot better than it is IMO.
I've never heard an OEM system that's worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
If you think about it, the car enviornment is probably far easier to get right for speaker manufacturers than home gear, at least with the car they know all of the parameters like materials the sound will reflect off, the volume of the room, etc, etc.

Maybe I am miles off on this but to me at least it sounds like the easier deal to get right.
You are very far off. The car is about the worst environment to try and reproduce accurate sound. If you spent $5k on a system for a car and $5k on a system for your home, the home system would sound better by far. In addition, the home system would probably have very little to no sound processing at all while the car system would need insane amounts of processing just to get it to sound close to the home system. Even with all that said, some of us still try to achieve that ultimate car system because its just fun.