View Single Post
      02-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #95
mikewads
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
This is true they have posted that. I honestly don't get how the term "conservative" can be used to describe FI on the S65, lol, but yes they do not run anything past 7.5psi and I've always stated that I respect and understand that, and I think those cars that slightly go over 7psi that are back east, do so because of the cool air this time of year, they are on pump as well. All the companies offer low boost options, if you push it a bit more, the margin of error becomes much smaller of course, I knew that, but did not in anyway want to deal with a blown motor, it's not fun.

I ran Meth, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably run race fuel all the time when I did my spirited driving, and not rely on the Meth with 91 octane. You are correct, I'd lower the boost a bit, the problem with me is I like to go faster, and it's hard to stay content with just being "quick." I wanted to run with Modded GTR's, P-cars, exotics, and HPF M3's. I need to show some restraint with this car, or eventually move onto a different platform as some already have.

Did you think anymore about swapping over to a Vortech with an internal oiling system? Should be an easy swap. If you do decide to lower the boost and want to run a small shot of nitrous to whoop up on those exotics give me a call!

2009 BMW M3 ESS Supercharged / Nitrous - 10.87 @ 131 MPH / 60 - 130 MPH in 6.23 secs

Last edited by mikewads; 02-24-2011 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0