View Single Post
      03-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
scottEdog1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

hey thats a cool idea!

Yes I did, and I also used the 2nd hole on the CF splitter and drilled into the bumper to mount with the screw that was provided in the kit out side of what was already mounted on the bumper, I used OEM 3M Automotive Plus Acrylic tape and I used rubber washers going in so the metal screws that hold the bumper in pace below would not rub against the splitter or cause a crack instead they are snug with rubber washers. you can find these at your local home depot in the sink area. If you need a breakdown I will email you later.
Unfortunately I was too excited and did that mod first with out posting a proper diy. Make sure you get the 3m remover with the tape on line in case you accidently stick on the splitter in an "off" way. THIS TAPE IS THE STRONGEST out there and will not come off easy, you may break the splitters with out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Looks great Scott! Did the same on my E90 though I went with the painted (Space Grey) side gills.

Question for you, did you do the install on the OEM carbon fiber front splitters?