12-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I have owned a number of Audis. Great winter capability, and for big power and torque, AWD has a huge advantage. While officially rated at 420hp/406lb-ft, independent testing has yielded more like 480hp and 460 lb-ft. This helps explain the 3.7 sec 0-60 capability. ECU flash gets me to 560hp for $1400. And, yes, after 2 Cayennes, I am a Porsche owner no longer.

High powered AWD cars with proper snow tires are a blast in the snow!!! Winter is so long up here that it would suck to be driving a beater for 4-5 months. Anyway, I am taking all the proper steps for winter protection. I bought some Wolf Chemical Nano sealant. I have a pressure washer and heater air dryer. Just picked up a 5 liter contrainer of Auto Finesse citrus cleaner. Basically, I can spray on the citrus cleaner onto my muck laden car, allow it to work, powerwash it off, then blow dry the car. This will remove all the real muck and grime and not leave any water spots. I am also getting Xpel Ultimate paint film on the front and full hood.
I have been very impressed by Xpel. I had Rick at Unique Car Care do the entire front end of my wife's X3 a year ago and it still looks great despite heavy highway driving and her always on the road in the worst weather conditions.