Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
I was just thinking about how much I spent on my GF recently and I remembered this thread I made 2 years ago when I was more strapped for cash.

At least for me, the expectations rose exponentially as I made more money. In the past two months, I've purchased/obtained for my GF:
  • Prada Sunglasses - $220
  • Gucci Wallet - $400
  • Chanel Bag - $4500
  • New X1 Lease - ongoing monthly payment of $478
  • Engagement Ring - $30k for 2 ct vvs2, F color. Custom setting was $2k. But apparently, that's the norm. On FB I see 2+ ct engagement rings all the times in pics by my friends like it's nothing. I guess I still have a long way to go. Took me almost 2 years to save $40k in the bank.
I'm sorry but that seems insane to me. Does your girl work?

If your girl has "expectations" of gifts, you're not with the right girl. This might be your "courting" pahse but it's not sustainable. See above with the guy paying $130k/yr in alimony.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0