View Single Post
      01-31-2010, 03:19 AM   #7
stevend218
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the left lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeySux View Post
I wonder what the reliability is on a 350z FI'ed and if i can get a 350z + a FI kit under 20k? I had asame engine model maxima and engine was pretty bulletproof.
I sold my G35c about 7 months ago with the VQ35DE engine... same as the pre 07 350z's. Those engines are incredibly reliable, stay strong, and can easily handle boost. Ive had several friends with boosted G’s and Z’s and they have never had any problems related to the FI systems, let alone any problems outside the factory engine recalls for oil consumption (which seemed to only occur in certain cars for no apparent reason). If you need more space, its not much but its got a back seat, you can get a good G35coupe, or sedan for around 12-13K with somewhat low miles, plus the added luxuries of Infiniti. Essentially there the same vehicle, different looks, and different engine variations depending on the year, as a rule of thumb the newer the car the more HP and torque it has. (I can give you a more detailed breakdown if you would like) overall I give the cars 2 thumbs up for reliability, style, and speed, and either of them would be a safe bet.

just my 2 cents... but im bias, and ill always love my G.
Appreciate 0