View Single Post
      11-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #39
Sexual Philanthropist
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
I bought them from Bimmerworld. I actually ran PFC-01s front and back and didn't think about mixing compounds.

One word of caution, the PFCs do not have retaining clips to hold them in the calipers, so when the brakes get hot, the pads can 'clank' in the calipers at low speed. This doesn't affect performance, but it is disconcerting ans sounds like your brakes are busted. They are great pads on the track. I switched to Hawk DTC-70 pads to see how these would work out, but the Performance Friction are superior in terms of consistency of feel through a 25 minute session. A lot of this is confidence in the initial bite, which seemed to fade on the DTC-70 once hot. The DTCs still slowed me down fine, but I definitely backed off how deep I would go into corners late in sessions.

After the hawks are done, I am going to try Pagids and see how they feel too.
The pagids won't have the same level of initial torque as the PFC01s. Some of them will have that much torque higher in the operating range (RS15). The RS29 is the endurance pad and is very rotor friendly and you shouldn't be able to overheat it. The RS14 and 15 have higher heat limits and friction capability but imo don't release well and are not rotor friendly.