Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Reasons to get GTR:

1. Mind blowing acceleration

2. Phenomenal grip

Reasons not to get GTR:

1. Conflicting design elements in the styling. This results in an incoherent, mish-mash with regards to exterior design. Add to that a very unsophisticated boy-racer look.

2. Very 1980's interior styling. Again, nothing flows. It looks like bits and pieces stuck together

3. Numerous very unpleasant sounds. From the loud turbos, to the tinny exhaust, to the god-awful clunking from the transmission

4. Mediocre grade cosmetics, materials and finish

5. Poor ride-handling balance

6. Slightly numb steering feel

On an episode of Top Gear, Clarkson called the GTR an "instrument for speed". And that's all it is....an instrument. If you want just a go-fast tool, the GTR is it, for sure, but it lacks style, refinement and class. It is a techno-loaded muscle car. Of course if you want style, refinement and class along with the GTR's performance, then you need to spend $170k for a 911 turbo S.

I test drove a GTR 3 times, but just couldn't get past it's total lack of finesse and refinement in multiple facets of its design and execution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW//M View Post
GT-R's are cool and I'd like to own one but the engine and exhaust sound terrible. They might be fast but driving and tracking aren't always about speed. Also, the M3 has better handling and a luxury interior, honestly the GTR's looks like it was pulled from an 06 Altima. I'm glad you've found a new love for your M3 though and from what I've heard everyone goes back to the M3.
^^^"1980s interior styling"....?? Simply wrong.

Poor "ride-handling balance"...WTF.

"Numb steering".....??

Most of all the "M3 has better handling."

It's not even worth responding to the last three comments as they are so obviously incorrect.

Jeremy Clarkson also said he wanted a GTR: http://bcove.me/i0dd6r06
Appreciate 0