View Single Post
      09-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #118
Zanardi43
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Here is one reason to not get a GTR... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581363

If it were me, I'd still get the GTR
A few things:

If my GTR was still stock, I would likely not be looking for a M3 DD. It's the mods that pushed me over the 'too many comprimises for a DD' point. A highly-modded GTR will completely realign your compass for what's fast. The torque they can produce at that level is simply amazing.

OP...if you're planning to extensively mod your GTR for added power and use it on the track, it's gonna also require extensive cooling mods to stay safe. For street use, (unless you're in a very hot climate) you don't need to do much, but when you get a GTR on the track, things get hot...quickly. Not sure about M3 maintenance, but GTR maintenance for people who track regularly is also very expensive...and even more so if you've made power mods.

I am a big GTR fan, but I bought mine DISPITE the way it looks. In fact, I got mine in black so the lines of the car are muted. It catches eyes everywhere and in a week you'll lose count of how many people take cell phone pictures and want to race you, so if that's a positive for you...FYI.
Appreciate 0